Tracking each agent's activity in Zendesk can be a challenging and time-consuming task. To provide simple and automated insights into an agent's workflow, we have created a feature called Heatmap.
- Provides an easy-to-read and actionable overview of each agent's activity in Zendesk.
- Breaks down each agent's activity time per day into time intervals for an overview.
- Helps identify the most active and least active times for the agent within the selected period (week/month/6 months).
- Assists in discovering activity trends based on weeks or months.
To provide an example of how a manager can use the Heatmap feature, we've outlined a step-by-step process:
As a manager, you are reviewing one of your Agent's Scorecard and notice an unusually low number of touchpoints compared to previous weeks. You decide to investigate the reasons behind this drop in activity.
Click on the pie chart icon located next to the "Zendesk Hours" number on the Scorecard.
3. This will open a window containing this Agent’s Heatmap.
Click on the "Week," "Month," or "6 Months" button to select the time period you would like to review.
Each Heatmap displays a week, separated into days and timeslots defined in the Settings.
The blocks on the Heatmap are shaded in varying degrees of purple to symbolize the agent's level of activity during each time slot. The darkest shade of purple represents the highest level of activity at 100%, while white or 0% represents no activity during that period.
You can also view the agent's current time zone and working hours based on their local time zone.
7. To gain more detailed insights, click on the "Show Touchpoints" checkbox located in the top-right corner. This will display the number of touchpoints per time increment and the percentage of activity level in comparison to the most active time slot during that week.
- In the example above, the most active time slot was between 12:00 - 12:15 on Monday, with the agent engaging in 21 touchpoints. This time slot represents the benchmark of 100% activity level. However, on Thursday between 12:00 - 12:15, the agent only had 11 touchpoints. This displays a lighter shade of purple and a 52% activity level.
- To compare your agent's activity levels between different days of the month, select the "Month" view of the Heatmap. This view allows you to identify the most active and least active days and times of the week for the agent.
From the Heatmap, you may notice that on Friday between 22:00 - 22:15, your agent has the highest number of touchpoints compared to any other time slot of the week. This may indicate that the agent is trying to complete all their Missions before the end of the week.
To gain a better understanding of the work done during specific time slots, you can use the drill-in feature of the Scorecard.
For example, if you notice that an agent only left one touchpoint on a ticket within the last 30 minutes, you can drill-in to the specific ticket and investigate further. Perhaps the ticket was complex and required additional time and support.
To find a record of the tickets that were answered during this time interval, simply scroll down your Scorecard and click the chart icon next to the 'Handled Tickets' total for the week. This will allow you to access the Drill-in feature.
Select the day you are interested in and sort the handled tickets by "Date" to see the timestamp of each supported ticket throughout the day. Click on the tickets to view the entire conversation.