Keeping track of each agent's activity in Zendesk can be difficult to keep on top of, not to mention time-consuming. To give simple, automated insights into an agent's workflow we have created a feature called Heatmap.
- Provides an easy to read, actionable overview of each agent’s activity in Zendesk
- Breaks down each day by time increments to pinpoint peaks and troughs in agent activity
- Assists in discovering activity trends based on weeks or months
Let us give you a step-by-step example of how a manager would use the Heatmap feature:
1. You are looking through one of your agent's scorecards and you notice an unusually low number of touchpoints. So you wish to investigate why this is.
2. Simply click the graph icon next to the ‘Zendesk Hours’ number on your scorecard.
3. This will open up a window containing this agent’s heatmap.
4. Firstly, click either the ‘Week’, ‘Month’ or ‘6mos.’ button to select which time period you would like to evaluate.
5. Each heatmap will display a week. Each day is separated into the time increment that you selected in your Activity Settings. This will be 5/15/30/60 minutes. Click here to set up the Activity Settings.
6. The shades of purple on each block symbolize the level of that agent’s activity in that increment of time. 100% or the darkest shade of purple representing the highest level and 0% or white, the periods of the lowest activity.
7. For a more detailed insight, click the ‘Show touchpoints’ checkbox in the top right corner.
8. This will display the number of touchpoints per time increment and what percentage of activity level that is in comparison to the most active increment that week.
9. To explain that further. In this example, the most active time increment was between 14.00-14.30 on Monday. This shows that the agent engaged in 24 touchpoints which now represents the benchmark of a 100% level of activity.
10. However, on Tuesday between 13.30-14.00, the agent only had 13 touchpoints. This then displays a lighter shade of purple and a 54% level of activity.
11. To compare your agent’s level of activity between days, simply refer to the graph above the Zendesk Activity tab on your scorecard.
12. This will allow you to pinpoint periods of time in which your agent has had noticeably high or low activity.
13. From this Heatmap you pinpoint that after 18.00 your agent only solved 1 ticket per 30 minutes. Working at 5% activity.
14. Perhaps the agent was working on longer, more complex tickets that require more time or, they simply weren't engaging with their work for the last 30 minutes of their shift.
15. To find a record of the tickets answered in this time increment simply scroll down your scorecard and click the graph next to the ‘Handled Tickets’ total for the week. This will allow you to access your Drill-in feature.
16. This provides a comprehensive overview of each agent’s activity in Zendesk.